1. Who We Are
3. Information We Collect
It goes without saying, we can’t help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information about your use of our services such as access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through your social media account or when you upload information from your social media account to complete your profile. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your phone number and email address, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your bio, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys, focus groups or market studies, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction.
- If you share with us information about other people (for example, if you use contact details of a friend for a given feature), we process this information on your behalf in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other members as well as the content you publish, as necessary for the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you may provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Members Members may provide information about you as they use our services, for instance as they interact with you or if they submit a report involving you.
- Social Media You may decide to share information with us through your social media account, for instance if you decide to create and log into your Wingding account via your social media or other account (e.g., Facebook, Google or Apple) or to upload onto our services information such as photos from one of your social media accounts (e.g., Instagram or Spotify).
- Other Partners We may receive information about you from our partners where Wingding ads are published on a partner’s service (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success). Where legally allowed, we can also receive information about suspected or convicted bad actors from third parties as part of our efforts to ensure our members’ safety and security.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, this generates technical data about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information Using the services generates data about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., when you logged in, features you’ve been using, actions taken, information shown to you, referring webpages address and ads that you interacted with) and your interactions with other members (e.g., members you connect and interact with, when you exchanged with them, number of messages you send and receive).
- Device information We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify a device or browser.
- Other information with your consent If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude). The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your precise geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video or participate in streaming features on our services).
4. Cookies and Other Similar Data Collection Technologies
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Wingding, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. How We Use Information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe, and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons for which we use your information, together with practical examples.
A. To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services
B. To help you connect with other users
- Recommend you other members to meet
- Show members’ profiles to one another
C. To provide new Wingding services to you
- Register you and display your profile on new Wingding features and apps
- Administer your account on these new features and apps
D. To operate advertising and marketing campaigns
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Perform and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on our services and marketing campaigns promoting Wingding off our services
- Communicate with you about products or services that we believe may interest you
E. To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups, market studies and surveys
- Review interactions with customer care teams to improve our quality of service
- Understand how members typically use the services to improve them (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on how members react to it)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from members).
F. To prevent, detect and fight fraud and other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Communicate to individuals who submit a report, what we’ve done as a result of their submission
G. To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
For information on how we process personal information through profiling and automated decision-making, please see our FAQ.
- Provide our service to you: The reason we process your information for purposes A, B and C above is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, make it viewable to other members and recommend other members to you and to otherwise provide our free and paid features to you and other members.
- Legitimate interests: We process your information for purposes D, E and F above, based on our legitimate interest. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you and promote our own services, we process information to help keep our members safe and we process data where necessary to enforce our rights, assist law enforcement and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a legal action.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations: We process your information for purpose G above where it is necessary for us to comply with applicable laws and regulations and evidence our compliance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, we retain traffic data and data about transactions in line with our accounting, tax and other statutory data retention obligations and to be able to respond to valid access requests from law enforcement. We also keep data evidencing consents members give us and decisions they may have taken to opt-out of a given feature or processing.
6. How We Share Information
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of members’ information is, of course, with other members. We also share some members’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services, with other Match Group companies for specified reasons as laid out below and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other members
You share information with other members when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being visible.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
- With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations. We also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. Our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- Sharing functionality
You may share other members’ profiles and they may share yours with people outside of our services, using the sharing functionality.
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- With law enforcement / when required by law
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our members, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
7. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Sharing of information laid out in Section 6 involves cross-border data transfers to the United States of America and other jurisdictions that may have different laws about data processing. When we transfer personal information outside of the EEA, the United Kingdom, Switzerland or other countries which data protection laws have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other competent governmental body, we use standard contract clauses (standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data) or other appropriate transfer mechanism. We are currently in the process of reviewing transfers to our vendors and associated legal basis further to the recent Court of Justice for the European Union’s ruling on transfers of personal data to the USA.
8. Your Rights
We want you to be in control of your information, so we want to remind you of the following options and tools available to you:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings can help you access, rectify or remove information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help here.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms can have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone contacts, pictures, location services, push notifications and advertising identifiers. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection or processing of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose functionality.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. Remember that uninstalling an app does NOT close your account. To close your account, please use the corresponding functionality on the service.
- Account closure. You can close your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We also want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability, right to know or variations of those terms). You can exercise this right by putting in such a request here.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion, object to or restrict its processing, please contact us here.
For your protection and the protection of all of our members, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests, including if we are unable to authenticate you, if the request is unlawful or invalid, or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy or other rights of someone else. If you wish to receive information relating to another member, such as a copy of any messages you received from them through our service, the other member will have to contact us to provide their written consent before the information is released. We may also ask them to provide proof of identity before we can answer the request.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to or restrict the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth and thus cannot ensure that you are 18 years of age or older.
In certain countries, including in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. You can find information about your data protection regulator in the European Economic Area here, and in the United Kingdom here. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where an alleged infringement took place.
9. How Long We Retain Your Information
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5) and as permitted by applicable law. If you decide to stop using our services, you can close your account and your profile will stop being visible to other members. Note that we will close your account automatically if you are inactive for a period of two years. After your account is closed, we will delete your personal information, as laid out below:
- To protect the safety and security of our members, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account closure, or one year following an account ban. During this period, we keep your information in the event that it might be necessary to investigate unlawful or harmful conducts. The retention of information during this safety retention window is based on our legitimate interest as well as that of potential third-party victims.
- Once the safety retention window elapses, we delete your data and only keep limited information for specified purposes, as laid out below:
- a) We maintain limited data to comply with legal data retention obligations: in particular, we keep transaction data for 10 years to comply with tax and accounting legal requirements, credit card information for the duration the user may challenge the transaction and “traffic data” / logs for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations. We also keep records of consents members give us for five years to evidence our compliance with applicable law.
- b) We maintain limited information on the basis of our legitimate interest: we keep customer care records and supporting data as well as imprecise location of download/purchase for five years to support our customer care decisions, enforce our rights and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a claim, information on the existence of past accounts and subscriptions, which we delete three years after the closure of your last account to ensure proper and accurate financial forecasting and reporting, profile data for one year in anticipation of potential litigation, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and data necessary to prevent members who were banned from opening a new account, for as long as necessary to ensure the safety and vital interests of our members.
- c) Finally, we maintain information on the basis of our legitimate interest where there is an outstanding or potential issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep information (in particular if we receive a valid legal subpoena or request asking us to preserve data (in which case we would need to keep the data to comply with our legal obligations) or if data would otherwise be necessary as part of legal proceedings).
10. Children’s Privacy
Our services are restricted to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit individuals under the age of 18 on our platform. If you suspect that a member is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available on the service.
11. Job Candidates, Contractors and Vendor Representatives
If you are a job applicant, the personal information we process about you may vary depending on the job you seek but typically includes what you provide to us as part of your job application as well as professional qualifications, background and reference information that recruiters or other third parties share with us. We use this information to support the recruitment process, which may lead to an employment contract. For contractors and vendor representatives, we may process identification information and work-related information, as necessary to manage our relationship with you and your employer, which is necessary for the performance of the services agreement, and to establish, exercise or defend potential legal claims. We may share personal information with service providers that assist us with recruitment and technical data processing operations as well as with Match Group companies (for instance if you have a business relationship with employees of an affiliate). We keep your personal information only as long as necessary for those purposes.
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections and strive on making sure explanations about our data practices remain up-to-date, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
13. How to Contact Us
Last revised on April 19, 2022
Welcome to Wingding. Wingding AG, Ebenauer Strasse 10, 6048 Horw, Schweiz
The terms (“us”, “we”, the “Company” or “Wingding”) refer to Wingding AG.
We may make changes to this Agreement and to the Service from time to time. We may do this for a variety of reasons including to reflect changes in or requirements of the law, new features, or changes in business practices. The most recent version of this Agreement will be posted on the Service under Settings and also on wingding.app, and you should regularly check for the most recent version. The most recent version is the version that applies. If the changes include material changes to your rights or obligations, we will notify you at least 30 days in advance of the changes (unless we’re unable to do so under applicable law) by reasonable means, which could include notification through the Service or via email. If you continue to use the Service after the changes become effective, then you agree to the revised Agreement.
You are not authorized to create an account or access or use the Service or systems it resides on unless all of the following are true:
- you are at least 18 years of age.
- you can form a binding contract with Wingding,
- you are not a person who is barred from using the Service under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction (for example, you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition),
- you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, and
- you have never been convicted of a felony or indictable offense (or crime of similar severity), a sex crime, or any crime involving violence, and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry.
3. Your Account.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials you use to sign up for Wingding, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under those credentials. If you think someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact us.
4. Modifying the Service and Termination.
Wingding is always striving to improve the Service and bring you additional functionality that you will find engaging and useful. This means we may add new product features or enhancements from time to time as well as remove some features, and if these actions do not materially affect your rights or obligations, we may not provide you with notice before taking them. We may even suspend the Service entirely, in which event we will notify you in advance unless extenuating circumstances, such as safety or security concerns, prevent us from doing so.
You may terminate your account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in “Settings” in the Service. However, if you use a third party payment account such as Apple’s App Store or iTunes Store, as applicable (“App Store”) or the Google Play Store, you will need to manage in app purchases through such an account to avoid additional billing. Wingding may terminate your account at any time without notice if it believes that you have violated this Agreement. Upon such termination, you will not be entitled to any refund for purchases.
For residents of the Republic of Korea, except in the case where we reasonably consider that (i) giving notice is legally prohibited (for instance, when providing notice would either violate applicable laws, regulations, or orders from regulatory authorities or compromise an ongoing investigation conducted by a regulatory authority) or (ii) any notice may cause harm to you, third parties, Wingding, and/or our affiliates (for instance, when providing notice harms the security of the Service), we will without delay notify you of the reason for taking the relevant step.
After your account is terminated, this Agreement will terminate, except that the following provisions will still apply to you and Wingding: Section 4, Section 5, and Sections 12 through 19.
5. Safety; Your Interactions with Other Members.
Though Wingding strives to encourage a respectful member experience through features like the double opt-in that allows members to communicate only after they have both indicated interest in one another, Wingding is not responsible for the conduct of any member on or off of the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other members, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person. In addition, you agree to review and follow Wingding’s Safety Tips prior to using the Service. You agree that you will not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money to other members.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT Wingding DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS MEMBERS. Wingding MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OR COMPATIBILITY OF MEMBERS.
6. Rights Wingding Grants You.
Wingding grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Service. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Service’s benefits as intended by Wingding and permitted by this Agreement. This license and any authorization to access the Service are automatically revoked in the event that you do any of the following:
- use the Service or any content contained in the Service for any commercial purposes without our written consent.
- copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through the Service without Wingding’s prior written consent.
- express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Wingding.
- use any robot, bot, spider, crawler, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents.
- use the Service in any way that could interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the Service or the servers or networks connected to the Service.
- upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Service.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Service.
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service without Wingding’s prior written authorization.
- use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Wingding or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of Wingding) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service, or cause others to do so.
- use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Service or other members’ Content or information without our written consent.
- use, access, or publish the Wingding application programming interface without our written consent.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Service or any system or network.
- encourage or promote any activity that violates this Agreement.
Wingding may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal or unauthorized uses of the Service, including termination of your account.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
7. Rights you Grant Wingding.
By creating an account, you grant to Wingding a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, right and license to host, store, use, copy, display, reproduce, adapt, edit, publish, modify and distribute information you authorize us to access from third parties such as Facebook, as well as any information you post, upload, display or otherwise make available (collectively, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other members (collectively, “Content”). Wingding’s license to your Content shall be non-exclusive, except that Wingding’s license shall be exclusive with respect to derivative works created through use of the Service. For example, Wingding would have an exclusive license to screenshots of the Service that include your Content. In addition, so that Wingding can prevent the use of your Content outside of the Service, you authorize Wingding to act on your behalf with respect to infringing uses of your Content taken from the Service by other members or third parties. This expressly includes the authority, but not the obligation, to send notices pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) (i.e., DMCA Takedown Notices) on your behalf if your Content is taken and used by third parties outside of the Service. Our license to your Content is subject to your rights under applicable law (for example laws regarding personal data protection to the extent any Content contains personal information as defined by those laws) and is for the limited purpose of operating, developing, providing, and improving the Service and researching and developing new ones. You agree that any Content you place or that you authorize us to place on the Service may be viewed by other members and may be viewed by any person visiting or participating in the Service (such as individuals who may receive shared Content from other Wingding members).
You agree that all information that you submit upon creation of your account, including information submitted from your Facebook account, is accurate and truthful and you have the right to post the Content on the Service and grant the license to Wingding above.
You understand and agree that we may monitor or review any Content you post as part of a Service. We may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Service.
When communicating with our customer care representatives, you agree to be respectful and kind. If we feel that your behavior towards any of our customer care representatives or other employees is at any time threatening, harassing, or offensive, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account.
In consideration for Wingding allowing you to use the Service, you agree that we, our affiliates, and our third-party partners may place advertising on the Service. By submitting suggestions or feedback to Wingding regarding our Service, you agree that Wingding may use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensating you.
Please be informed that Wingding may access, store and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law, by performing its agreement with you, or in a good faith belief that such access, storage or disclosure satisfies a legitimate interest, including to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
8. Community Rules.
By using the Service, you agree that you will not:
- use the Service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement.
- use the Service for any harmful or nefarious purpose
- use the Service in order to damage Wingding
- violate our Community Guidelines, as updated from time to time.
- spam, solicit money from or defraud any members.
- impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission.
- bully, “stalk”, intimidate, assault, harass, mistreat or defame any person.
- post any Content that violates or infringes anyone’s rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right.
- post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic.
- post any Content that incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- post any Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other members or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
- use another member’s account, share an account with another member, or maintain more than one account.
- create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
Wingding reserves the right to investigate and/or terminate your account without a refund of any purchases if you have violated this Agreement, misused the Service or behaved in a way that Wingding regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur on or off the Service. In the event that you violate these rules or our Community Guidelines, your authorization to use the Service will be automatically revoked.
9. Other Members’ Content.
Although Wingding reserves the right to review and remove Content that violates this Agreement, such Content is the sole responsibility of the member who posts it, and Wingding cannot guarantee that all Content will comply with this Agreement. If you see Content on the Service that violates this Agreement, please report it within the Service or via our contact form.
Generally. From time to time, Wingding may offer products and services for purchase (“in app purchases”) through the App Store, Google Play Store, carrier billing, Wingding direct billing or other payment platforms authorized by Wingding. If you choose to make an in app purchase, you will be prompted to confirm your purchase with the applicable payment provider, and your method of payment (be it your card or a third party account such as the Google Play Store or App Store (your “Payment Method”) will be charged for the in app purchase at the prices displayed to you for the service(s) you’ve selected as well as any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your payments, and you authorize Wingding or the third party account, as applicable, to charge you.
Auto-Renewal; Automatic Card Payment
If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through an in app purchase, your Payment Method will continue to be billed for the subscription until you cancel. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. Your card payment information will be stored and subsequently used for the automatic card payments in accordance with the Agreement.
Objections to a payment already made should be directed to Customer support if you were billed directly by Wingding or the relevant third party account such as the App Store. You are also able to object by contacting your bank or payment provider, who can provide further information on your rights as well as applicable time limits. You may unconditionally withdraw your consent to automatic card payments at any time by going to Settings on Wingding or the relevant third party account, but be advised that you are still obligated to pay any outstanding amounts.
If you want to change or terminate your subscription, you will need to log in to your third party account (or Settings on Wingding, if applicable) and follow the instructions to terminate or cancel your subscription, even if you have otherwise deleted your account with us or if you have deleted the Wingding application from your device. Deleting your account on Wingding or deleting the Wingding application from your device does not terminate or cancel your subscription; Wingding will retain all funds charged to your Payment Method until you terminate or cancel your subscription on Wingding or the third party account, as applicable. If you terminate or cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term, and your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires.
Additional Terms that apply if you pay Wingding directly with your Payment Method. If you pay Wingding directly, Wingding may correct any billing errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with your Payment Method, Wingding may terminate your account immediately in its sole discretion.
You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting Wingding and going to Settings. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information, terminate or cancel your subscription, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for your credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If you reside outside of the Americas, you agree that your payment to Wingding will be through Wingding AG.
Virtual Items. From time to time, you may be able to purchase or earn a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use “virtual items”, which could include virtual products or virtual “coins” or other units that are exchangeable within the Service for virtual products (collectively, “Virtual Items”). Any Virtual Item balance shown in your account does not constitute a real-world balance or reflect any stored value, but instead constitutes a measurement of the extent of your license. Virtual Items do not incur fees for non-use, however, the license granted to you in Virtual Items will terminate in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, when Wingding ceases providing the Service or your account is otherwise closed or terminated. Wingding, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to charge fees for the right to access or use Virtual Items and may distribute Virtual Items with or without charge. Wingding may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items at any time. Wingding shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Wingding exercises any such rights. Virtual Items may only be redeemed through the Service. ALL PURCHASES AND REDEMPTIONS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. The provision of Virtual Items for use in the Service is a service that commences immediately upon the acceptance of your purchase of such Virtual Items. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Wingding IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND IN RESPECT OF VIRTUAL ITEMS FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
Refunds. Generally, all charges for purchases are nonrefundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. We may make an exception if a refund for a subscription offering is requested within fourteen days of the transaction date, or if the laws applicable in your jurisdiction provide for refunds.
For subscribers residing in the EU or European Economic Area – in accordance with local law, you are entitled to a full refund without stating the reason during the 14 days after the subscription begins. Please note that this 14-day period commences when the subscription starts.
For subscribers and purchasers of Virtual Items residing in the Republic of Korea – in accordance with local law, you are entitled to a full refund of your subscription and/or unused Virtual Items during the 7 days following the purchase. Please note that this 7-day period commences upon the purchase.
Except as noted above for members resident in the Republic of Korea, purchases of Virtual Items are FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
To request a refund:
If you made a purchase using your Apple ID, refunds are handled by Apple, not Wingding. To request a refund, go to the App Store, click on your Apple ID, select “Purchase history”, find the transaction and hit “Report Problem”. You can also submit a request at https://getsupport.apple.com.
If you made a purchase using your Google Play Store account or through Wingding directly: please contact customer support with your order number for the Google Play Store (you can find the order number in the order confirmation email or by logging in to Google Wallet) or Wingding (you can find this on your confirmation email). You may also mail or deliver a signed and dated notice which states that you, the buyer, are canceling this Agreement, or words of similar effect. Please also include the email address or mobile number associated with your account along with your order number. This notice shall be sent to: Wingding, Attn: Wingding AG, Ebenaustrasse 10, 6048 Horw, Schweiz.
If you use your right of cancellation (except for purchases made through your Apple ID, which Apple controls), we will refund (or ask Google to refund) all payments received from you, without undue delay and in any case within 14 days of the date when we received notice of your decision to cancel the Agreement. We shall make such refund using the same means of payment as used by you in the initial transaction. In any case, no fees will be charged to you as a result of the refund.
If you made a purchase through a payment platform not listed above, please request a refund directly from the third-party merchant through which you made your purchase.
You cannot cancel an order for delivery of digital content that is not delivered on a physical medium if order processing has begun with your explicit prior consent and acknowledgement that you will thereby lose your right of cancellation. This applies, e.g., to purchases of Virtual Items. That means that such purchases are FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
Pricing. Wingding operates a global business, and our pricing varies by a number of factors. We frequently offer promotional rates – which can vary based on region, length of subscription, bundle size and more. We also regularly test new features and payment options.
11. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit a takedown request using the form.
If you contact us regarding alleged copyright infringement, please be sure to include the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service (and such description must be reasonably sufficient to enable us to find the alleged infringing material);
- your contact information, including address, telephone number and email address and the copyright owner’s identity;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Wingding will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
Wingding PROVIDES THE SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Wingding DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (C) THAT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE.
Wingding TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU OR ANOTHER MEMBER OR THIRD PARTY POSTS, SENDS OR RECEIVES THROUGH THE SERVICE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
13. Third Party Services.
The Service may contain advertisements and promotions offered by third parties and links to other web sites or resources. Wingding is not responsible for the availability (or lack of availability) of such external websites or resources. If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our Service, such party’s terms will govern their relationship with you. Wingding is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
14. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Wingding, ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE, (II) THE CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF OTHER MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON, THROUGH, OR FOLLOWING USE OF THE SERVICE; OR (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT, EVEN IF Wingding HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Wingding’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICE EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO Wingding FOR THE SERVICE AND USD100 WHILE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Arbitration, Class-Action Waiver, and Jury Waiver.
Except for members residing within the EU or European Economic Area and elsewhere where prohibited by applicable law:
- The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof) or the Service shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by JAMS under the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, except as modified by our Arbitration Procedures. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that either party has the right to bring an individual claim against the other in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction, or, if filed in arbitration, the responding party may request that the dispute proceed in small claims court instead if the claim is within the jurisdiction of the small claims court. If the request to proceed in small claims court is made before an arbitrator has been appointed, the arbitration shall be administratively closed. If the request to proceed in small claims court is made after an arbitrator has been appointed, the arbitrator shall determine whether the dispute should remain in arbitration or instead be decided in small claims court. Such arbitration shall be conducted by written submissions only, unless either you or Wingding elect to invoke the right to an oral hearing before the Arbitrator. But whether you choose arbitration or small claims court, you agree that you will not under any circumstances commence, or maintain, or participate in against the Company any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding against Wingding.
- By using the Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and the Company (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. If you assert a claim against Wingding outside of small claims court (and Wingding does not request that the claim be moved to small claims court), your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY, and the arbitrator shall determine all claims and all issues regarding the arbitrability of the dispute. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can generally grant any relief that a court can, including the ability to hear a dispositive motion (which may include a dispositive motion based upon the parties’ pleadings, as well as a dispositive motion based upon the parties’ pleadings along with the evidence submitted), but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures.
- Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against the Company (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Dallas County, Texas. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
- The online dispute settlement platform of the European Commission is available under http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Wingding does not take part in dispute settlement procedures in front of a consumer arbitration entity for members residing in the EU or European Economic Area.
16. Governing Law.
For members residing in the EU or European Economic Area or elsewhere where our arbitration agreement is prohibited by law, the laws of Texas, U.S.A., excluding Texas’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Arbitration Agreement in Section 15 above shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. For the avoidance of doubt, the choice of Texas governing law shall not supersede any mandatory consumer protection legislation in such jurisdictions.
Except for members residing in the EU or European Economic Area who may bring claims in their country of residence in accordance with applicable law and except for claims that may be properly brought in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction, all claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement, to the Service, or to your relationship with Wingding that for whatever reason are not submitted to arbitration will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Dallas County, Texas, U.S.A. You and Wingding consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of courts in the State of Texas and waive any claim that such courts constitute an inconvenient forum.
18. Indemnity by You.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Wingding, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Service, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
19. Entire Agreement; Other.